Sunday, August 8, 2010

Fried food, pony rides, and plants. (Saturday's post)

Fried food and pony rides at no other place but the county fair.  Also plants.  I know, you wouldn't think that plants would have a place at the fair, but they do.

We started out our outing at the fair with deep fried goodness.  Which I paid dearly for later.  There is a reason that you aren't supposed to eat grease laden vegetables.  They tasted very yummy though!!!!!

The Munchkin talked about pony rides ALL WEEK!!!!  This was the one thing that she was looking forward to at the fair.  We walked around the entire place at least twice to find the pony ride.  I don't think that I've heard her squeal that loud in ages.
Munchkin and Mommy.

Jonathan had a fun time too.  He really liked riding the ponies as well.  It's like a dream come true for me for my kids to love riding horses.  I think I may see riding lessons in my future (for the kids, not me...I know how to ride although it's been years).
Little Man and Daddy.

We visited some of the 4-H animals.





Munchkin, Grandma, and Little Man.

Let's not forget about the plants.  Munchkin picked out a plant to bring home and take care of.  There was a booth with all of these odd plants.  There bug eating plants like venus fly traps.  They also had a couple of other bug-eating plants that I had never seen.  Munchkin chose a plant that doesn't require dirt.  You soak it for about 3 minutes a week, dry it off and put it where you want.  In a dish, on a shelf, or carrying it around with you (which Munchkin has decided is the best way to take care of it).  I know, of all things to get at a fair, she wants a plant.  Hopefully we can take care of it and keep it going....I don't have very good luck with plants, but it sounds easy enough.

A good time was had by all.  Memories were made.  The kids will be talking about it for weeks.
Priceless!












1 comment:

Leave a comment, I would love to hear what you have to say!