Thursday, April 15, 2010

How I became the mom of three

I never, EVER thought that I would love being a mom so much.  These little people bring me so much joy every day.  I was worried that I wouldn't know what to do, or how to do it.  I didn't really have a good example growing up (that's another story for another time).  Once I had my Munchkin (my daughter, now almost 3), I fell into motherhood like it was what I was really meant to do. 

My daughter is the light of our lives.  She is smart (everyone thinks their kids are smart, but I’m afraid at some point she’s going to mutiny and take over….probably by the time she’s 5).  She is energetic, caring, funny, all of the things that you would want your daughter to be.  Of course, though, we wanted to have more than one child, so when she was 6 months old, we started trying for another baby.  I know, we are nuts.  We didn’t fully think it through, but it took awhile to get pregnant with her, so we thought that it also may take awhile the second time.  We found out that we were pregnant with baby #2 shortly before Munchkin’s first birthday.
 The Munchkin June 8, 2007

Nineteen months and 1 day after my daughter was born, my first son arrived.  Our Little Man came into our lives and completed our family.  It was a wakeup call to be the mother of two small children.  I don’t think that I fully appreciated the ease of having one child until we had little man.  It all got figured out, and then I became SUPERMOM!  The mom of all moms.  I was organized.  I was doing pretty well.  I was over sleep deprivation.  I decided to go back to school.  I was working on my volunteer hours for my degree (Physical Therapy Assistant).  We were doing things as a family of four.  We had plans for vacations.  We were starting to figure out the balance of being parents and adults.
 The Little Man January 9, 2009

Saturday October, 10, 2009.  I was a week late.  I figured I would swing by the store on my way home from class and pick up a test……just to make sure.  I was on the NuvaRing, but I had never, EVER been a week late while I was taking birth control.  My husband was at work that morning, so I was by myself (respectively…the kiddos were napping after I picked them up from the sitter after class).  So I took the test.  It didn’t even need the 3 minutes.  I pretty much looked at the thing and two lines popped up.  OH.  MY.  GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Oh, but wait, there’s more.  This all happened 8 days AFTER my husband had his vasectomy.  Now, I know you all are thinking, you can’t know you’re pregnant that fast.  His surgery was apparently 4 weeks too late, and the NuvaRing was a little too ineffective.

That is how I find myself a mom of soon to be three children three and under.  Little Man and Newbie will be about 17 months apart.  He’s due to arrive by June 10th.  Little Man was 3 weeks early, so it’s hard to say when Newbie will get here.  I have 5 to 8 weeks to be fully prepared for a newborn.  I’m not sure how I will do.  I’m not sure how the rest of my family will do.  All I know is that I love this new little man just as much as I love my older two children.

That is how I became the mom of three.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I would love to hear what you have to say!