Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dirty Laundry? Part 3

I have finished my reduced detergent experiment.

And the verdict is.....

I JUST CAN'T DO IT!!!

While the smell of my clothes is still nice and fresh with using half of the powdered detergent, they just aren't as clean.  This is especially noticeable on the whites and lighter colors.  


I just can't jeopardize my laundry like this.  I have to put 100% into the clothes, or else I might just go nuts!  Okay, I realize that you are thinking that I'm already nuts, but this is one thing in my crazy life that is always and utterly the same...and therefore reliable.  I can count on my laundry!


I can't change the recipe that I have spent so many years perfecting.  The quality of my laundry depends on it.  (Again, I know this is nuts)  We work hard for the money that we buy our clothes with, and it's my job to keep our clothes as nice as I can for as long as possible (especially for the little men since we will be using all of the boy clothes twice).

While I was very excited at the prospect of saving money...and being a little friendlier to the environment, I don't think that the suggested powdered detergent amount was meant to be adjusted.  


So all I can say is that I did try...and I will continue to keep Tide in business.  Hmm, I wonder if I send them a copy of the blog they might give me some free detergent?


Happy washing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I would love to hear what you have to say!