Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Comfort in Love (Repost)

I was just reading through some of my postings just to read.  Sometimes it can remind of something that I should be thinking of or working on.

I thought that I would re-post this and share with you, because it's so true for me right now.  So many people have trials in their relationship, and we need a reminder that we really do love our spouse.  And also a reminder to smack ourselves upside the head when we aren't behaving as well as we should.


Enjoy!



There is comfort in love.

The comfort that you know that you are loved.

The comfort that someone is there for you when you need to be loved.

There is also that time when love BECOMES comfortable.  

When love becomes comfortable it can mean different things.

It can become comfortable in the way that you relax and you can be yourself and know that the other person will love you no matter what.

It can also be comfortable in the way that you get lazy and can get trapped in a cycle that can lend itself to carelessness.  You can land in that place of taking your love for granted.

Both of these things go hand in hand.

I think that we have all been there.  I know that my husband loves me.  I also know that he is guilty of taking me for granted.  I will absolutely say the same thing about myself.

I am not perfect.

He is not perfect.

Why then do we expect our LOVE to be perfect?

I haven't figured this one out.  Jon and I are quickly approaching 14 years of being together.  We STILL can't figure out how to love each other without hurting each other.

Maybe love IS part of the problem.  I've heard a lot of people say that you hurt the ones that you love the most.  Is this because we truly believe in the unconditional love that is formed?  Or is it because we just take for granted that the other person will stand up, dust the hurt off, and continue on?

I would LOVE to figure out HOW to find comfort in love without becoming too comfortable.  I realize that it's a two way street.

I have honestly never tried harder in my life to be more loving and considerate...not only to my husband, but to other loved ones in my life as well.

Though I must say, my husband is the one that I struggle with the most.

I guess it might have something to do with the fact that we have three children 3 and under.  It also might have something to do with the fact that we very rarely get to spend time alone.  It also might have something to do with the fact that we are both exhausted...physically and mentally.


So here is the question...at what point to we get over ourselves and get on with our love for each other?


It's a work in progress.  Every day needs to be a new start.  I say that here, but I really have to implement it into my life.  Again, I'm not perfect, so yes...work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I would love to hear what you have to say!