Monday, May 3, 2010

We're doing it....AGAIN!!!

Yesterday I got to thinking.  Uh oh.  Did you smell the smoke?



Baby #3 (nickname yet to be determined) will be arriving before we know it.  My doctor said that she would like to induce me at 37ish weeks again, so that places Newbie's arrival at approximately Memorial Day weekend. 

OH CRAP!!!!!!

Believe me, in case you haven't noticed, I tend to be an overly organized, and for the most part prepared person.  While I made sure to get #3's clothes all washed, folded, put away, and hung up....NOTHING ELSE IS READY!


OH CRAP!!!!!!


I have been having major issues...I'm not sure that I WILL make it to Memorial Day weekend.  


OH.  CRAP!  I. AM. NOT.  PREPARED.  AT ALL!


So, I enlisted my wonderful (poor, disgruntled) husband to help me get everything baby and newborn related up to the living room so that I could hold my head in my hands and cry look through everything and get it ready.


I had to remember how to put the infant seats back together.  I tore them apart and washed and cleaned them after Little Man stopped using them (in hopes of selling them and making a little extra money, and getting them OUT of the house...which we obviously know DIDN'T happen).  That took a couple of minutes.....but I finally did figure it out!  At that point (once the car seats were together) I realized that we own (are you ready for this) 8 car seats.  Yes.  8.  Two infant seats.  Three convertible car seats (rear and front facing), and three regular front facing car seats for 22lbs and up.  Since Jon and I work 1st and 2nd shifts we each needed our own set (because neither one of us were willing to do the car seat swap).  So that makes 8.  Ugh.


I have ALL of this breast pump stuff to clean and organize.  I also have to remember how it all goes together...and how it works.  I know Little Man is only 16 months old, but believe me, you put it out of your mind as soon as you can!  Yes, I'm going to breastfeed/pump for the first 2 weeks, then I am taking my body back.  I made the effort for the other two, so I think that I should for this one too.  Hmm, I should get started on that....


We have the bassinet that will be in our room for the first couple of weeks...if we can stand it that long.  I know that sounds horrible, but I have loud sleepers, and if I want to get sleep, it's much easier if they are in their own room.  I think that I kept the Munchkin in our room for between 8 and 10 weeks.  Little Man went into his own room before 6 weeks, so....maybe 4 for the Newbie?  I don't know.  I love my children, but I VALUE my sleep.  And to be a half-way decent mom and somewhat productive person, I need some sleep!


Then there's the pack and play, and the swing, and the play mats, and the bottles, and the bibs, and the burp cloths, and the baby burrito blankets (receiving blankets), and the fuzzy blankets.....all of the numerous items that a newborn requires.  There are so many things that I forgot about in the short amount of time that it's been since Little Man has used them.


So I guess I'm nesting, or at least TRYING to be prepared for something that is totally and utterly unpredictable.

And here we go on one of life's wildest rides....AGAIN!!!! Wooohoo!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, I would love to hear what you have to say!